THIS IS A SELECTION OF JOBS – PERMANENT AND TEMPORARY – AVAILABLE THROUGH COVENT GARDEN
To apply for a specific job please click on firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the Job Title in the Subject line.
Don’t see quite what you’re looking for?
We would also be pleased to hear from you if you are looking for a position that’s similar to the ones included below, as we always have new vacancies being registered with us, and only some of our openings are featured on this page.
MS DYNAMICS WHIZZ, 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Leading Medical Membership Body seeks hands-on Database Whizz with knowledge of MS Dynamics systems to help project manage the implementation of their new CRM system. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Working alongside the IT Manager, you will:
• Work with the CRM Project implementation team to ensure the organisation is maximising its investment in its new CRM system, ensuring it is operating to its full potential and maximising stakeholder engagement
• Liaise with 3rd party IT suppliers to coordinate any necessary integration between systems, retaining a single seamless view of member records
• Lead on internal user acceptance testing; documenting outcomes
• Provide feedback to suppliers and obtaining approval from the various stakeholders
• Oversee the data migration process, liaising with suppliers to ensure accurate and timely data is available and transferred. To undertake data cleansing and improvements to the data set as required
You will ideally have worked with the Membership or Charity sectors, and have:
• Strategic database management and CRM at this level
• Maintenance and administration of MS Dynamics databases
• Managing database implementation projects within planned timescales and budgets
• Ability to analyse and document complex business processes
• User acceptance testing
• Building and running data reports
• Working with external 3rd party suppliers
• Project management and team working skills
PAYROLL AND HR, MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT TILL AUGUST 2015
Influential Communications and Media group with political and public interest connections needs capable and hands-on Payroll and HR Professional to take on this Interim HR Advisor role. This Maternity Cover contract runs until August 2015.
Working in a close-knit team of 3, you will be fully involved in all generalist operational activities, including:
You will run the the payroll, involving:
- maintaining the HR and Health and Safety databases
- uploading and running all new monthly payroll information and changes on the system
- publish digital payslips
- p45 all leavers
- process the monthly pension payments and meeting auto enrolment compliance requirements
- administering benefits including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cyclescheme, eyecare vouchers
As the key to this working culture is the team approach, there is also 1 hour daily reception cover. You will have a solid working knowledge of Payroll and HR. If you have a CIPD qualification that would be an advantage but our client is seeking practical experience first and foremost.
DISTRIBUTION CO-ORDINATOR – ART PUBLISHERS
High profile art publishers based in the West End are looking for a Distribution Co-ordinator to manage the print distribution process for their catalogues.
You would be compiling client data, processing the information using SAP and transmitting to the external distribution house, ensuring printed material is delivered on schedule, to budget and to the highest standards.
You will also be responsible for dealing with any distribution related queries.
You will have some solid experience in distribution, ideally from within a publishing environment, together with strong Excel and Database skills and excellent attention to detail.
For the right candidate, there will also be a chance of future training in the area of catalogue production.
CHARITY MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Officer needed for highly interesting Charitable organisation. This Central London Charity needs you to join their close knit team in this exciting role with a broad range of responsibilities. You will:
- Produce marketing materials that are consistent with the brand
- Write communication that is adaptable to different channels
- Deal with PR and Media relations issues relating to the organisation
- Coordinate print resources, writing copy, design production
- Offer local PR to support to regional centres
- Coordinate Marketing campaigns
You will have a Degree or equivalent and 3-4 years Marketing experience plus copy writing, communications and knowledge of PR. Ideally your experience will have been gained in a Charity or Non Commercial setting. If you have Indesign that would be an advantage. CIM qualifications of interest, but our client is strongly committed to training its staff so can consider supporting further study.
EVENTS MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Leading Trade Association based in Central London are looking for an experienced Marketeer with a solid track record in events marketing to join their busy events team.
You would be responsible for creating and implementing integrated marketing campaigns for a variety of B2B events including business conferences and working dinners. You will be working across the full marketing mix using direct mail, email, digital/web, PR, advertising and social media.
The role will also involve develop marketing collateral both offline and digital and will have plenty of opportunity to use your copywriting and proofing skills. You will also develop your knowledge of the market and proactively review and improve the quality and quantity of CRM data.
You will need the following:
- A proven track record in conference and events marketing
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience of social media marketing
- Strong skills in CRM systems, HTML, CMS and the Adobe Creative Suite
- A commercial outlook with excellent problem solving skills
EVENTS SPONSORSHIP EXECUTIVE
Leading high profile Trade Association based in Central London is looking for a new member of their Events Team to focus on Sponsorship.
The role will involve:
- Identifying potential partners, sponsors and exhibitors
- Research potential sponsors to ensure a knowledge-based and consultative approach
- Creating sponsorship package documentation and bespoke proposals
- Email, telemarketing and face to face pitches
- Negotiating and closing deals
- Issue contracts and ensure return of sales contracts and payments
- Ongoing account management throughout the year
You will need a solid background in successful sponsorship sales preferably for B2B conferences, with a proven track record of achieving targets. You will also be self-motivated with a commercial outlook and with first class communication skills.
Opportunity to earn excellent bonuses.
EVENTS AND CONFERENCES EXECUTIVE
Leading high profile Trade Association based in Central London is looking for a new member of their Events Team to focus on operations. The events are an interesting mix of corporate and policy events ranging from large annual dinners to mid-range conferences and smaller working dinners. Some of the events are international and they are all high profile.
The role will involve:
- Development of creative event concepts
- Full events operations management including venue finding,
- Work closely with external suppliers and production agencies
- Manage individual events budgets
- Design and prepare all events materials such as signage, branding and delegate packs
- On-site event management
You will need solid events organising experience including mid-sized conferences, together with budgeting skills and excellent communication skills.
You will also have a strong commercial outlook, with a desire to exceed financial targets while driving quality and innovation.
PROJECT SECRETARY/DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
Leading firm of Architects based near Southwark are looking for an experienced Project Secretary to providing admin support to their project team.
The role would involve document control using extranet sites, uploading and downloading information, diary management for the team, typing letters and minutes and creating Excel spreadsheets. You will also use Adobe InDesign to create reports.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Project Secretarial or Document Control experience from within an architects, design, engineering or professional services firm
- Strong skills in Word and Excel
- A flexible approach, happy to work on multiple projects with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Adobe InDesign and MS Project skills are desirable.
E ASSESSMENT PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Support the implementation of assessment operations within high profile, professional membership body.
Working closely with the Manager of this 1 year project, you will be proactive and instrumental in the development and integration of their new online assessment and marking tool. You will also assist in the new Integra data model and the design and creation of new reports and access queries. Opportunity to take a leading role in designing and writing all assessment related material/notices for the portal, Learning Management system and website.
You will come from an assessment environment in higher education or a professional body with experience working with professional qualifications in a regulatory environment.
This role is more than an admin role as it includes process mapping and testing and detailing the processes which will be needed to report back and ascertain what can be implemented, working with the technical project managers. Integra database knowledge useful.
£25,000 + £3k bonus
An opportunity for you to Account Manage a database of clients for a Charity upselling their online products. This is not a Sales/KPI driven role, it is a role that requires you to build and nurture relationships as well as meeting clients face to face and some international travel. You will strove to achieve a minimum of 90% renewal rate and grow new business through your persuasive manner. You will be self-motivated and self-disciplined. You MUST have a legal background i.e. you could be a recent Law Graduate who is awaiting Pupillage. A B2B background would be desirable.
• 30 days holiday
• 10% additional bonus for new clients and 3% for existing
• Private Health Care
• Excellent Pension
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR FOR LEADING ARCHITECTS
£23-26,000 depending on experience
Successful growing Architects firm based in Central London are looking for a Project Administrator to work with one of their busy teams.
You will be involved in the management of documents and the document control system, using InDesign regularly, carrying out general administrative duties for the team and updating the project directory and execution plans. This is a varied and interesting administrative role with a chance to get fully involved.
You will need:
- Proven experience in a similar role co-ordinating and site office and multiple projects.
- Strong skills in Adobe InDesign
- Experience of a document management system such as Conject (BIW)
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to deal confidently and professionally with internal staff and external contacts at all levels.
ASSESSMENT PUBLISHER - COMMISSIONING – EDUCATION RESOURCES
Leading Education resources provider needs capable, experienced Product Developer with a commercial background to:
- Manage allocated parts of the company’s product portfolio and propose new product or service innovations for approval
- Support sales and marketing in researching customer needs, reflecting those needs in the development of the appropriate solutions and services, successfully and profitably
- Get new products to market to the right quality, on time and within budget, selecting the most appropriate models of authoring
- Manage internal and thrid-party relationships
- Provide expert guidance (e.g. over the phone, at events or through internal briefings to customer facing staff) to support excellent customer service and effective sales. You will:
- Be customer and market orientated
- Have a track record of conceiving, instigating, overseeing and delivering high-quality product and service delivery strategies and business plans
- Have an entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to create sustainable new income streams
- Be comfortable with working in a dynamic environment which is system and process-led
- Be Degree Educated
- Have a minimum of 5 years in an organisation of comparable scale and complexity with a commercial approach
DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER
c.£37,000, possibly more
This is a great opportunity to consolidate your skills and challenge yourself in your next career step. Our client, a leading registered charity, campaigning organisation and awarding body, is looking for a proactive Digital Content Manager with a broad brief. If you are looking to start your next permanent role before Christmas and you are available immediately, this could be the role for you!
• Develop an overarching strategy for digital and online including project management of a new Website for a new organisation being set up by this Institute
• Line manage one Web Assistant
• Contribute to developing the social media strategy exploring Facebook, Twitter etc
• Ensure all logos are being used in accordance with their guidelines and work with IT to ensure that all websites are running to optimum effectiveness
Your background will include experience of project managing the creation of a new website and creating new marketing and communications strategies. You will be conversant with online Marketing. If you have experience of working within Professional Institutes or the 3rd sector that would be useful.
EXPERIENCED PA TEMPS NEEDED
£12-15 PER HOUR
Exciting opportunities in exciting central London companies available for confident and experienced Personal Assistants/Secretaries.
We recruit for a broad range of clients, including well-known organisations in Public Sector, Membership, Arts, Charity and Legal fields. We are looking for candidates with:
• At least two years’ relevant experience
• Excellent diary management skills
• Proficiency with the MS Office Suite
• Confidence making travel arrangements and setting up meetings
If you have the right skills and are looking for the flexibility of temp and contract work then we would love to hear from you, send us your CV today!
START A NEW CAREER IN RECRUITMENT
Opportunity for proactive, business minded mature person (with at least 5 years work
experience since College) to start a new career in the world of Office Staff Recruitment.
As a Recruitment Consultant you'll:
-Interview candidates for Temporary and Permanent Business Support roles
-Liaise with Clients - and bring the two sides together
-Build and develop successful relationships using your initiative to the full
-Run your own day in a busy team environment
-What are you doing now?
Successful people have joined us from careers in
-The Office World - you're an EA, Senior PA, or Office Manager
-Retail or Hospitality Management - with plenty of people responsibility
-Graduate or Professional Trainee Schemes - now you want something more creative
-HR or Administration - you've done some interviewing and recruitment
-Events and Media - you're used to results and deadlines
-Sales and Marketing - you're ready to use these skills more subtlely
Our career package includes a good starting salary, both team and individual bonuses, and ongoing training which harnesses your transferable skills.
If you'd like to be considered for a career in Office Staff Recruitment with Covent Garden,
one of London's longest established agencies, please let us have your CV, together with
covering letter indicating why a move into Recruitment would appeal.